Blogs are everywhere. From personal blogs to travel blogs, fashion blogs to corporate blogs, it seems as though everyone is getting in on the act. In the rapidly growing market that is social media marketing, blogs are playing a key part.
A blog gives you the perfect opportunity to provide your target audience with engaging, relevant and useful content. It also gives your readers (your clients and customers) the means to interact with you by posting blog comments and by sharing your content on other networks.
But in an online world overrun with them – yes, it’s getting a tad crowded out there in the blogsphere – your blog needs to stand out from the crowd. And standing out is why more and more businesses are turning to blogs. Not least because they can be a low cost way of helping to bring your brand to life.
The main benefits of blogs include:
- It will strengthen your brand in the online space and provide a “face”
- It’ll help to position your business as an expert in your industry
- You can use it to engage with your target audience
- It’s a way of building an online community
- Search engines love websites that are frequently updated, so blogs are useful for SEO purposes
- Blogs are also useful for fuelling social media
- A blog will give your company personality
- They bring up to 55% more traffic to your website
- And last but not least, blogs are fun!
When it comes to blog writing I always think a natural tone of voice works best for most blogs. But whatever the topic, always write to inform and engage, and include clear call to actions. Take a look at some of the blogs I’ve written for various clients: